In the project “gene and protein signatures as biomarker for neuromuscular disorders (NME-GPS)” in Dortmund we invite
applications for a
Post-doctoral position / Scientist (m/f/d).
You will be responsible for
- Development of mass spectrometry-based methods for the detection and characterization of relevant proteins in
neuromuscular diseases from plasma and biopsy samples
- Development and validation of LC-MS methods to quantify relevant protein in biological matrices
- Detection of metabolites, lipids and proteins (Multi-OMICS) from small tissue samples
- Miniaturized sample preparation with laser micro dissection of tissue slices
- Operation of LC-MS / MS systems
- Coordination, planning, documentation and execution of analyses
- Reporting, presentation and discussion of complex results with cooperation partners
- Presentation of the results in the form of scientific publications as well as posters and lectures at national and
- University degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or a similar subject
- Good knowledge in the field of mass spectrometry / proteomics
- Good knowledge in the field of pre-analytics, in particular tissue samples and plasma.
- Safe handling of software for data evaluation
- Safe handling of software for data evaluation, including implementation of new features
- Safe handling of mass spectrometers, e.g. Tims TOF Pro, Q Exactive HF and/or Triple Quadrupole devices and
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Team player with good communication skills
Closing date for application is 15th April 2020. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full
publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names
and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 08/2020 in the subject
header) as a single pdf document to email@example.com. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human
resources department (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de.
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and
improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz
Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment
and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities.
Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and
women, and is therefore interested in applications from women. The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The
full-time position is offered until 31 of December 2022. The position is available immediately. The position is generally
suitable for part-time.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations.
Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutz.